4.05.2011

Easter Chick-a-dee


Easter is spilling into every crevice of my home this year


(hmm... wonder why?  New craft blog???)

and this chick is the latest craft, on the stairs this time!

And there's actually two, my first try, the smaller behind the larger, didn't turn out so "Easter-y"

I used some posterboard leftover from who knows what and drew a basic bird shape, about 2 feet wide at the widest and 1 ft high at the highest and cut out some leftover fabric.  I sewed the basic shape together, with burlap cut out for a beak, and then stuffed it.  For the eyes I just layered circles of bird page with one circle of turquoise crepe paper and then a brilliant blue button on top.  I should have sewn the eye on, but this bird isn't going in the wash ever with that paper so hot glue worked!  The wing is a cardboard shape that I covered.  I made a few twists of book pages (like the wreath tutorials out there) and then wrapped layers of crepe paper and book page over the top of those.   Anyway, hope you like it!!  If you guys need a tutorial, let us know in a comment and we'll make a tutorial!


Linking here:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

SO adorable! I love it :)

Elizabeth Downie said...

Too cute! However, even though you make it sound easy, I doubt my ability to make it as well as you did! ha!

Homemade Heather said...

Love him! Gorgeous color! Thanks for sharing ~ come by and say hi sometime.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Do you hoard posterboard like I do? You two must!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice...

I still want to eat up your blog's name...

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

this little guy is TOO cute! great pics too :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...